To prepare for that, students have been asked tonight to study the “Bridge to Terabithia” words they have been working on since late last week. There will be a “mock” quiz tomorrow to help them narrow down the number of words they need to concentrate on studying.
We discussed today how they might study their words. The suggestion was to:
- Select five words. Spell each word out loud, five times each.
- Silently write the same words down, five time each.
- Write the words down again, five times each. This time, as you are writing them, spell them aloud.
- Test how well you know the words – maybe a parent or older sibling could help with this 🙂
- Repeat steps 1 to 4, adding 5 new words + the words not learned from the last round!
Note: This time, word meanings will not be tested, only the spelling of words.