As each team taught, I coached the class to take notes on each chapter. The teams even slowed down so that this could happen.
there is a spelling test tomorrow!
Also – parent/teacher meeting times have been sent out today. If you asked for a time, that time should be in the plastic front envelope of your child’s school agenda.
* Simple Machines Science Test#2 is tomorrow.
* A spelling list was handed out for homework today. 15 minutes was given to the class to work on it during school so that students had more time available to study Science tonight.
* Since it is a four day week for the students, the spelling test will be on Thursday. There will be no “Mock” spelling test this week.
* In preparation for an upcoming unit on long form multiplication, the class has begun practising their times facts in class. It is strongly recommended that all students practice their time facts at home every day for at least 10 minutes as well. This is a foundation skill for doing long form multiplication and division well. We are focusing on speed as well as accuracy.
* An invitation to attend a pre-report card parent/teacher meeting has been sent out with the students today. They were directed to put it into the plastic sleeve in their school agenda.
* Before we went home, students were reminded to take home their homework duotang, Science duotang and test study guide.
* We are still collecting Scholastic book orders for the month.
It was announced today. The study guide for it was also handed out. The test will cover Chapter 2 in the Science textbook on Simple Machines.
BTW – Since it was a four day week this week, there is no spelling test this week!
Today a Social Studies test was announced for next Tuesday, October 30th. The test is on basic mapping skills, which we have been covering for some time now. The study guide for the test was handed out today and students were instructed to put it into their SS duotangs. Some will be made available time in class for students to study – it is also recommended that students also study at home!
Today our first Science test (on Chapter One) was announced. It will be next Wednesday. A detailed study guide was also handed out for the test at the end of the day. Students were given some time to work on it in class and asked to work some more on it tonight. In their Science duotangs should be the questions and answers for Chapter One, and notes they were asked to take from lessons. Over the next few days they should review that material and add it to their study guides. They’ll get time in class to study as well.
For the quiz, students will be given a list of weather instruments and a list of what such instruments measure. Their job is simply to match the items in the lis. That’s the quiz!
Students have known about it since Wednesday, and have made a small study guide for it.
Yes, there is! The list and accompanying was handed out to the class on Friday. Students are expected to complete the study worksheet sometime between Monday and Wednesday. There will not be a Wednesday “mock” test, but there will be a quiz on the week’s spelling words on Friday.
On March 1 another Weather Science test was announced. Students were given a study guide for the test at that time.
On Friday, we reviewed all of the answers for the test. At the end of the day, students were reminded to take home their study guide and Science duotangs in order to study for the test.
Hint: If you were away on Friday, call a friend to get the answers for the study guide!